Sunday, January 20, 2008
The kids and the daddy just love pasta, especially beef bolognese. I learn to cook this almost 7 years ago.
Pasta of any shapes (amount vary according to no. of people)
8-10 ripe tomatoes (make sure its ripe-u don't want to end up with very sour dish)
500gm beef, minced
1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic, chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
1 tsp dried oregano
button mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- cut an 'X' shape at the bottom skin layer only of all tomatoes. Pour boiling water until covering all the tomatoes. Leave 1-2 minutes. the skin will easily come off at this stage. Just peel it off. Chopped the tomatoes.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil, saute onion and garlic until soft.
- add in minced beef. Fry until well cooked (not red bits)
- pour in the tomatoes. Leave to cook in with slow fire until little juice left. (about 30 minutes-depends of the amount of juice from the tomatoes)
- add tomato puree, basil and oregano. Stir well.
- add vegetables at this stage
- Leave to cook, make sure it has reduce, so that we get a thick sauce.
- season with salt, sugar and pepper.
- while the sauce is cooking, boil water, add in some salt and oil.
- boil the pasta until al dente. toss...
- serve with a good amount of grated parmesan and a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil...