Monday, February 9, 2009
* 1/4 cup butter,
* 1 cup sugar ( I lessen to 1/2cup)
* 1 egg
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Beat butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until blended.
2. Sift dry ingredients together, ie. flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
4. In another bowl, combine the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar.
5. Pour a third of the batter into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with a third of the cinnamon-sugar. Repeat layers twice.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near comes out clean.
7. Cool before removing.